Cancellations, Postponements, and Event Changes Due To The Coronavirus
With the coronavirus pandemic growing, here is a list of the different changes, cancellations, and postponements to events and institutions that have affected the area. We will be updating this list regularly.
If you have a cancellation or event change you would like to have added to this list, please email us at: community@CrawfordCountyAvalanche.com
Last updated Friday, April 3, at 2:11 p.m.
* Crawford AuSable School District: All K-12 schools are closed through April 13. All community meetings or gatherings within school facilities are suspended until further notice. CASD Food Service Department is offering free breakfast and lunch to children under 18 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays through April 3. Pickup from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Grayling Elementary School, Beaver Creek Township Hall, Frederic Township Hall, Maple Forest Township Hall, and Lovells Township Hall. Viking Wellness Center staff are providing medical services for students by appointment only at District Health Department #10, 501 Norway Street.
* Crawford County Commission on Aging: Closed to the general public until further notice. All activities, events, classes, and trips suspended until further notice. Congregate meals will continue to be offered Monday through Friday on a curbside take-out basis from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Lunch and dinner, as well as weekend meals, can be picked up at that time. Call the COA at 989-348-7123 to order takeout meals. Meals on Wheels will continue to be delivered on an alternative schedule. In-home services will continue. Telephone reassurance calls will continue.
* MHSAA: The Michigan High School Athletic Association has cancelled the unfinished winter sports playoffs that were suspended in March, and it has cancelled all of the 2020 spring sports season.
* Grayling Regional Chamber of Commerce: Business Expo has been rescheduled to Tuesday, May 19. It will be at the Ramada Inn Grayling from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m.
* City of Grayling: Through April 13, 2020, visitors should conduct business by appointment only, via U.S. Mail, or by using the dropbox at City Hall. Staff will be available by phone. Grayling DDA/GMS April 9 meeting is cancelled.
* Kirtland Community College: All campuses closed to the public, and all in-person classes cancelled through April 13. May 1 Commencement is postponed. May 5 orientation is postponed.
* St. John Lutheran Church: Sunday service suspended through the end of March. This includes cancellation of Lenten Bible Studies. Church open Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. for individual prayer.
* Michelson Memorial United Methodist Church: Events have been suspended but the church will offer online services. Monday Night Community Dinners will continue but will be carry-out only.
* Grayling Free Methodist Church: All in-person services and activities suspended through April 5.
* Community of Christ: Church gatherings suspended. The Kirtland Temple historic site is closed in coordination with local school closures. These situations will continue to be reevaluated.
* Mt. Hope Lutheran Church: Services and Bible Studies have been suspended but will offer weekly service online on YouTube.
* St. Mary’s Catholic Church: All Sunday and weekday public masses suspended through Monday, April 6.
* Grayling Baptist Church: The church's Annual Easter Egg Hunt has been cancelled.
* St. Francis Episcopal Church: Sunday services suspended until May 10.
* Crawford County Libraries: Closed through April 13. Events are cancelled. Fines suspended during this time. Downloadable eBooks, audio books, and streaming videos are still available.
* Lovells Township: Lovells Township trout fishing opening day festivities have been postponed.
* Hanson Hills Recreation Area: The Easter Eggstravaganza slated for Saturday, April 4, has been cancelled. The Ragnar Michigan Trail Relay originally scheduled for June 27-28 has been resceduled for September 4-5.
* Crawford County Transportation Authority: Crawford County Transportation Authority (Dial-A-Ride) is suspending its Saturday hours (10 a.m. to 4 p.m.) until further notice. Dial-A-Ride is offering free delivery of prescription medications and groceries from Family Fare in Grayling, Walgreens, and the Medicine Shoppe Pharmacy. Dial-A-Ride is also available to deliver Crawford County Commission on Aging & Senior Center Congregate Meals and Michelson Memorial United Methodist Church Monday Night Community Dinners.
* Crawford County Road Commission: The regular board meeting slated for April 2 has been cancelled. The office is closed to the public.
* Grayling Promotional Association: GPA's annual Pictionary event has been cancelled for 2020.
* Crawford County Veteran's Service Office: The Coffee Hour slated for the second Thursday of each month is cancelled until further notice.